[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Position of the Day 09-19-26

Posted By: Elizabeth (erichktn @ DG)
Date: Monday, 5 October 2026, at 10:53 p.m.

In Response To: Position of the Day 09-19-26 (Stick)

I'm 99% certain I would not have been thinking about the cube in this position. Yes, I am aware that I should consider the cube each turn before the roll of the dice. I confess that I don't. True, however, that I do it more often for being here at bgonline, so there is that.

OK, having confessed, it's time to think about this. White has only 3 rolls that allow an escape and 2 of those - 62 - still leave him vulnerable. In the meantime, Blue has opportunities to improve his board. Those opportunities may come at the cost of leaving a vulnerable blot in the outfield. Does one outweigh the other enough to politely offer the cube? The situation may become volatile. And I think White would take.

That Stick presents the problem, has me leaning in favor of the cube. And I suffer nothing but egg on my face if I'm wrong.

D/T

Messages In This Thread

 

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
Message:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

 

 

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.