[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Daily Quiz 5/2

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 3 May 2011, at 3:18 p.m.

In Response To: Daily Quiz 5/2 (Stick)

1) Yuck..and I think we may be doubled no matter what we play. Splitting is thematic (slang for an excuse to explain why one blundered) and the non splits don't look so good. I'll try 24/22 8/2, but perhaps 24/18 8/6 is better, but I doubt it as we are very exposed on the 18 pt. maybe 8/2 13/11 is the play but that doesn't do much either.

2) A known ref pos.. pass as the 8 pt is very useful not only as a 9th checker in zone, but also as a point that may be part of a prime and also to allow us to not worry about it being a blot and to play with other checkers.

3) I slightly prefer nailing down a useful asset with 13/11 rather than 11/9x. I'd hit vs a weaker player to further complicate.

4) TP here is higher than for money since 2 pts get White to 4 away. being down 40 pips, means that Blue has no race cube vig and when he hits, he will have often lost his market by lots. I pass. You guys who aren't cubing this, need to do some serious holding game studying. I think this is a huge money cube but probably a money take.

5) Just too easy to take even AtS. Even if technically a bare cube (doubtful, I wait)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.