[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Responding to Daniel, PR of Giant-32

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Tuesday, 21 February 2012, at 12:57 a.m.

In Response To: Average # of Blunders per Match (Giant) (Daniel Murphy)

Daniel asks, "What is the PR of a random Giant 32?"

I believe most on the Giant-32 list average below 4.0, but I also believe there are a few who average above 4.0. I believe one person on the top 64 list actually averages above 9.0. Please do not ask me to name names unless you are willing to cough up a lot of cash. I could be wrong, but I believe there are more than 32 individuals on the planet who average below 4.0. Some players who average below 4.0 (including quite a few Scandinavians) are not on the list, while others above 4.0 (including some Americans) are on the list.

Iancho posted his PR list at this link. http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?read=112692

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Iancho for the hard work he does in maintaing the list.

Although Iancho's data give a rough idea, everyone on the list firmly believes his average PR is overstated on Iancho's list. I believe some players' actual PR may be a full point lower than on Iancho's list.

Incidentally, it would be very interesting if we found a way to get Iancho to include ALL online matches of ALL players in the top 64 of the Giants' list. If Iancho's list were based on more data, it would be more accurate and it would become a valuable tool for those who vote.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.