[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Explain tournament re-buys

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Wednesday, 7 June 2017, at 6:22 p.m.

In Response To: Explain tournament re-buys (leobueno)

I assume a typo unless they are doing things with rebuys totally unlike the practice in the States.

Here, I think the maximum number of rebuys -- if time allowed and everyone continually re-entered after every first round loss -- would be one less than the number of entrants. Bob Koca or another math whiz can correct me if I'm wrong.

But in the States, as an example, assume we have 64 original entrants. With 32 original first round matches you have 32 winners and 32 losers. The 32 winners don't have to rebuy. If every one of the 32 losers rebuy, you would then have 16 more winners and 16 more losers. If all losers rebuy, you then have 8 and 8, etc.

But Kevin is correct, normally the number is somewhat under half. Not everyone rebuys and there is generally not enough time for most to rebuy more than once -- occasionally one or two are able to do so.

In San Antonio this year we had 72 entrants, I believe, and 30 rebuys. Two players bought back in twice.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.