[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Different best play in seven positions

Posted By: Carlo Melzi
Date: Thursday, 15 November 2018, at 8:58 a.m.

In Response To: Different best play in seven positions (Nack Ballard)

This is very interesting indeed. I will give it a try.

With the 10pt made, I would play 10/8: having the option to leave only a single shot from the bar point seems best

With the 1pt made, 4/2* is probably the right 2, both because of board strength and lack of alternatives. If 4/2* has to be correct in one scenario, this is likely the one

With the 9pt made, I would go with 3/1: the 3pt loses some value and blue can keep a broken 5pt prime

With the 11pt made 5/3 seems very good for the reasons already mentioned by Neil (6 covers from the 11pt and oppo 63 cannot hit). Furthermore, 4s play really bad for white, as he will be forced to open the board with 41 42 44

With the 12pt made, mirroring the one above, 6/4 might become best, as 6 covers from the 12pt

Now, I am left with 8/6 and 13/11 to assign, and with positions 22pt and a+b.

I think I’ll choose 8/6 with the 22pt made, and 13/11 in a+b with the 11pt made and white checker moved from 5pt to 6pt. Compared to the position with the spare on 5pt and 11pt made, now 41 plays for white so that might switch the right play?

My recap:

22pt -> 8/6

12pt -> 6/4

11pt -> 5/3

10pt -> 10/8

9pt -> 3/1

1pt -> 4/2*

a+b (spare on 6, 11pt made) -> 13/11

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.