[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Help requested for my presentation at the Chicago Open

Posted By: Perry Gartner
Date: Tuesday, 19 May 2009, at 12:49 a.m.

I will be giving a quiz consisting of playing the first six moves for both sides in 24 to go, 25 to go match from one of the Monte Carlo finals. The quiz takers will be given the actual plays made and need to decide what they would have done instead, or confirm the plays listed.

I will state that although from a World Championships final,it would be a mistake to assume that because finalist's made these plays they don't include gigantic whoppers. I am mentioning this because i want to take as much bias out of knowing what someone else has done as I can.

In trying to make this as close as possible to OTB play, once a decision is made on a play it will be entered permanently on an answer sheet and then the next play addressed.

I will also have a time limit. I wish I could have all use clocks but it isn't practical for this particular occasion. So how much time should I allow for the 6 moves for each side?

As a point of information, for those needing an incentive to get up early on Monday, the quiz will be graded according to the error rates from Snowie rollouts ( evals will be used for plays that haven't been rolled out because they seem highly unlikely to roll out much better than the eval). All errors will be added together, and the person with the lowest sum total error is the winner. We will announce the top 2 winners and their totals. No one else's will be announced but each person's results will be given to them and include their ranking.

Would anyone care t0 venture what the winner's total errors will add up to? Does anyone think it will be 0?

I am hoping this experience will lead to a longer side event of this type in Vegas or elsewhere.

Perry Gartner

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.