[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Safe Harbor Games Dice

Posted By: W Womack
Date: Sunday, 27 September 2009, at 3:47 p.m.

In Response To: Safe Harbor Games Dice (Philippe Michel)

You are correct, I had an error in my formula (I am parsing these files in Excel) for eliminating the first move. The mat files from SHG always list your moves first, so if you are not the first to move the first move of the file has a blank dice roll for player 1 and the roll for the second player is the one that must be removed. I thought I had taken care of that, but it turns out I didn't.

With the correction there are 24976 rolls to consider. Comparing this to the total number of 25470 rolls means that there are 494 games in the data set. This is just over 4 games per match, these matches are mainly from the hosted tournaments and many of them were 3 pointers so the number of games is reasonable. Given 25470 rolls over 494 games gives an average of 51.55 rolls per game, meaning an average of 25.77 moves per player per game.

With this adjustment the average frequency of doubles is still only 9.4%.

Rolls from the bar record the actual dice roll on SHG.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.