[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Re: dude, WTF with this 21???

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Friday, 18 May 2007, at 4:57 p.m.

In Response To: dude, WTF with this 21??? (pekfrench)

It's easier for me to pick a play I won't make: 13/10. I don't want all my spares on the same (nearly worthless) point. From there the imagination runs wild. Candidates:

10/7: not very constructive but does keep three spare spread out.

10/8, 10/9: bold and pure, but I'm not sure priming is the prime gameplan. (Maybe it's an attacking play in disguise, though.) This play seems to give White too many hit-while-escaping chances.

13/11, 10/9: starts the best priming point (but see above concerns with the timing gameplan).

4/3*, 10/8: bananas split fits the "one back, attack!" gameplan. But that type of play is often reserved for desperate situations -- Blue's not quite that strapped here.

22/20, 10/9: opens White up to getting jokered. I don't think the 22-point is that bad nor the 20-point that critical here.

There may be more (reasonable) candidates but my imagination is wearing down. For me it's either 10/7 or 10/9, 13/11. (And I'll give 10/8, 10/9 one more look, too.) White's homeboard blot swings the decision for me. Diversify the checkers and get ready to pounce, with priming as a backup plan.

13/11, 10/9.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.