[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Let's break it down

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 22 May 2007, at 1:49 p.m.

In Response To: Let's break it down (Steve Mellen)

The reason not to do business with this site is not because of the legalese in their user agreement. The reason is that they have a documented track record of trying to confiscate people's money for shady and undocumented reasons. And I think it's safe to assume that for everyone who posts on the GoL forum about their bad experience and gets their money back, there are God knows how many other people who got ripped off and didn't make such a post.

Well stated, Steve. Thanks for giving us a professional opinion on all of this.

I've been on the fence as to whether I should respond to Kit's proposal. The fact is, I considered all this (i.e. should GE/P65 get another chance) and rejected it BEFORE I posted my withdrawal message. I've seen ZERO reasons to believe they deserve another chance. This whole issue didn't just materialize overnight when Erik posted his problem on r.g.bg and on GoL. It's been going on for a long time. If they had a conscience they would have fixed the problem a long time ago. "Incompetence" (which I suspect few of us, and particularly I don't believe is the root of the problem) is not an acceptable reason for forgiveness.

Backgammon playsites are classic examples of capitalism. They are in the business to make money and should and will do so if their product is good and they procede to treat their customers with the proper respect. The other side of the capitalistic equation is that when the above two things aren't done, the customer, at a minimum, stops frequenting the site. A further RESPONSIBILITY of the customer base is to make public their observations so that others don't suffer similar problems.

I'm confident the word will spread in the tournament BG community that GE/P65 is not to be trusted and doesn't deserve a player's business. THAT is the best way (IMO) to protect the consumer.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.