[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Q&D GNU-bg numbers

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Wednesday, 20 June 2007, at 5:59 p.m.

In Response To: Snowie rollout - more detail (Ian Dunstan)

I only rolled out my play :), 8/7*/3 for 108 trials, World Class settings. My interest was to see how well the SW and GNU-bg numbers compared. (FWIW, even those of you who don't trust GNU here will be interested to know that it's 1st choice at 2-ply was 24/23, 8/4. Does that make you feel better about this play, or worse?? :)

In the same order as Ian's SW result:

for 8/7*/3 -- 0.95% 4.04% 32.44% 67.56% 41.42% 2.08% (S.E.'s ~1% except for BG wins where it's 0.4%)

So, compared to SW, a few more wins, half as many BG losses, more G losses.

SW4 may be better at backgames (I'm not convinced, but it could be) and 24/23, 8/4 may be the best play (at this point I certainly wouldn't bet against it). But one thing is for sure -- SW4 does not roll out "according to score". Never has. Never will. And you can fill pages with evidence where this affects the absolute outcome, anyway, of rollouts where score matters.

It would be interesting to see how 24/23, 8/4 rolls out with GNU-bg. Oh, never mind. You wouldn't believe it anyway....

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.