[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Defending against a super-agressive player

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 10 July 2007, at 1:44 a.m.

In Response To: Defending against a super-agressive player (Chuck Bower)

My suggestion is close to that of playing any weaker player, play normal. It seems like an easy concept but if they play 70s style you won't mind sending them into backgames winning juicy gammons knowing they will more often than not fail on the timing issue. I love seeing my opponent hit everything. I get an automatic smile opening with a 32S having them respond with a 32 and seeing them go to the ace point. They kill off checkers when there's nowhere near enough wood in the zone to warrant it. Often you'll find yourself with a strong cube because they have 4 checkers out of play against your high anchor, 4 or 5 pt, and you have a solid 4 prime with 3 or more of their checkers back. Their positions become so disjointed they don't realize it's hopeless and take huge passes.

Why split less than usual? If they're hitting 'everything to try to blitz you' I'd play the normal correct plays? Who cares if they hit/hit two when they shouldn't, it's wrong, I don't care what your *style* is it doesn't make up for piss poor plays. Let them overplay their positions and fall into backgames, they'll also likely take many backgame cubes where they don't see it's a pass or their position is quite hopeless. It's their style, they like playing the backgame, let them do it!

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.