[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Interesting comment about style

Posted By: Caryl Stephanson
Date: Monday, 16 July 2007, at 5:42 p.m.

In Response To: Me Ranting w/Examples (first 3 moves) (Stick)

I also slot with the 41 at times, especially if opp is 2 away. I realize this isn't easy to answer, but how many here say pffft to the correct rollout move at times? (Irregardless of Stick's and others' wonderful rollouts for 1st 3 or more moves). I mean technical play is wonderful, however I will listen to my intuition ahead of making the correct play.

It should be noted that I have played with the rollouts in mind and lost miserably as I am sure we all have. I play the second best or even at times the worst move according to the bots, just coz it feels right, and clobber my opp. The last tends to infuriate some of them. I also count that a bonus, coz opps who are angry play poorly as a rule.

Which brings up another question. If you know your opp has a short temper do you play to that? I have. I figure it's a case of caveat aleator. Mind you I do it subtly. For example, I know of one man who accuses anyone who plays with a modicum of thought (therefore slower than he thinks you should) of using a bot. So I play slower, and slower, and slower yet. Works every time. And as it's online, he can't see my face and the big grin so it's all good.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.