[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What's up with the anti IPOD ppl?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 6 August 2007, at 6:46 a.m.

In Response To: Life Rules - need suggestions (neilkaz)

That's Mary & Neil both hating on the ipod? I love my ipod. I love music and being able to listen to it when I want instead of the sounds of my surroundings is sometimes exactly what I need. The best example I have of late was going 2x on the day of the last Harry Potter book to Barnes & Noble. I'd purposely avoided anything & everything Potter related to avoid spoilers. Going to the B&N that day I knew among the hundreds upon hundreds of people there, all of whom were there to wait in line for hours on end to get their HP book, they'd most likely be discussing, you guessed it, HP. There would certainly be people there discussing *possible spoilers* they'd read online and even if I didn't know they were true I didn't want to hear them. Enter IPOD et voilą!

Also since my gf lives with me and she watches a lot of bad movies, I can put on my ipod and be online or read a lot easier than having that fluff in my ear. Same goes for when I read anywhere in public, I can take background music, but not background noise.

I agree with most of what you said Neil and need not worry about 1-5 with her, I wouldn't go as far as saying #7 though. I believe the majority of people have a lot less common sense than ppl give them credit for. Experiences I agree with .. but CS not so much.

Worse then talking on the cell is texting on the cell while driving. I do both and am a B+/A- texter while driving and still find it a distraction. I don't have to look at the keys when I'm doing it but I know I shouldn't be.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.