[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Trading freedom for security

Posted By: Achim
Date: Monday, 6 August 2007, at 1:20 p.m.

In Response To: Even more big brother? (very OT) (Bill Riles)

In other words ...

• A German female citizen was _not_ arrested for 6 hours at the airport of Atlanta, because a homeland security guard didn't like here Amazon wish list?
  • A US Senator was _not_ on the T.R.I.P. grey list?
  • A two year old boy wasn't held back at an airport because he was on a dubious terror list? (Even his birthday was correct, and the stupid guards didn't notice that.)
  • The estimation of the International Red Cross, that _at least_ 90% of the "citizens" of Guantanamo are wrongly suspected regarding any terrorists activities is wrong? Bad luck for those who stay there for more then 4 years without being allowed to consult a lawyer, without any official accusal.
  • There is _no_ "OFAC" list that makes life difficult for a lot of US citizens regarding loans, credit cards, etc. because their name sounds similar to a name on this list?

I'm sorry to say so, but democracy lives because of the separation of powers, here in Germany and also in the U.S.A. I'm scared because of the "laws/bills" that are adopted and how they are adopted, not because of any media stories.

There are human rights, but I see them disappearing rapidly in the U.S.A.

C'mon, wake up!

Ciao

acepoint

PS. Did you read Al Gore's latest book?

PPS. One of your famous founders (B.Franklin) said some really true words: "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security.

• Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
    Your E-Mail Address:
    Subject:
    If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.