[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Phil Simborg, write me some new rules!

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Friday, 13 May 2011, at 12:55 p.m.

In Response To: Phil Simborg, write me some new rules! (Rich Munitz)

I think an improved set of rules and guidelines stands the best chance of universal adoption if it avoids extremely controversial issues such as this one, and focuses on clarification, interpretation, and guidelines for things that have general consensus.

Certainly, the rules could clarify that "legal moves", while not the default, may be imposed universally in some events, or for individual matches by a director, or to be enforced by a monitor, or may always been agreed to by two players. The rules/guidelines should then state how it should work if legal moves happens to be in effect.

There seems to be an easy way around choosing one or the other as default. Simply write the rules with two options and let the tournament promoter / club director / democratic vote of participants :) decide which to use.

Legal moves is not longer the fringe idea it once was, and the fact that a couple major organizations have already adopted it supports that viewpoint.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.