[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Airlines

Posted By: Caryl Stephanson
Date: Monday, 20 August 2007, at 5:16 a.m.

In Response To: Airlines (Havard Raddum)

That also happened to a friend of mine several years ago who was travelling to Costa Rica. He knew he wasn't allowed in the States (old possession of pot conviction in Canada) and didn't know his plane had a stopover of an hour in Dallas or Houston (I forget which now). They also stopped him before boarding.

He lost the cost of his ticket and also paid a hefty fee for a replacement ticket just so he could go on a well deserved holiday with his friends.

And that was before 911. That ws the War on Drugs regime.

The reasoning they gave him was that even though the scheduled stopover was an hour and none of the passengers were even allowed off the plane, he was still landing on U.S. soil.

By the way, if you ever decide to drive to Canada, avoid going back through North Portal (Saskatchewan/North Dakota). There is a certain U.S. customs agent who delights in being a petty dictator and has given a very hard time to both several people I know personally as well as others I have only heard of. He is rather infamous even amongst his own comrades.

Or if you enjoy strip searches and being delayed for hours while they rip everything apart and then refuse you entry (or re-entry in one case I know of) then I'm sure he would be delighted to see you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.