[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giant 32 2015

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Tuesday, 1 December 2015, at 7:58 a.m.

Two years have elapsed, and the time has come to sit up (at your desk) and make yourself counted.

The web site is here:

http://www.flintbg.com/giants.html

The ballot is a downloadable PDF here:

http://www.flintbg.com/giants2015.pdf

Who may vote? Anyone who has played Open (Championship, Masters ...) at a LIVE regional or larger event (i.e. bigger than a local or club event). Or, anyone who has worked as part of the directorial staff at such an event. You might have the zippiest database of matches in the universe, or a 3900 rating on www.backgammongreatestsiteever.com - congratulations! - but if you haven't played a live event, you still have two months to find one. Otherwise, you have two years until 2017.

Who should you vote for? Don't ask me, it is your ballot. There is a list on names on the back of the ballot (which you don't have to use; a Word or Excel document, or even scratch paper is fine), but those names are to help jog your memory. They are not endorsements, and you do not need to stick to listed names. In general most voters prefer active players, but it is a judgment call, your judgment call. I can think of at least two players who received votes after their untimely deaths, and at least one bot which has never been "alive."

We ask for 32 selections, but if you are really stuck you may stop short. We won't accept a ballot with fewer than 16 names, however. Otherwise, please make your ballot as legible as possible. It will make the counting that much faster. And if you think there might be more than one person with the same name, e.g. "Karsten," please include the surname.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.