[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

request to posters of links

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 26 July 2011, at 1:49 p.m.

I've been wanting to create such a thread for a long time and the Stick vs. Michael P. wrestling match reminded me of it (but I didn't think including it in that thread would bear much fruit).

If you simply cut and paste the URL in a thread, then when a reader clicks on that it opens a new tab (at least it does in Firefox). So when the reader is finished looking at that link s/he can close the tab and it disappears.

If you use the html (less than A...) fancy way where instead of the actual link the reader sees a word or phrase you enter, then clicking on that stays in the same tab as bgonline.org/forums. Now when the reader is done and closes the tab, bgonline.org/forums tab is gone! (Actually, come to think of it, maybe that's a GOOD thing. :)

Yes, I know that there is a way around this -- right click on the symbolic link and choose 'open in a new tab', but then you have to actually decide every time you see a link on this forum which way to go, and it's extra steps, and worst of all when you are in auto-pilot you forget and ZAP, there goes the tab with bgonline.

So, am I the only one who gets tripped up by this (non-malicious intent) practice?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.