[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Report #1 From Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 7 November 2011, at 1:33 a.m.

Falafel, Magriel, Michy, Mochy, Tobias, Wachtel, Wells and others are here for a tournament that begins Monday at 5 PM. I believe there are expected to be about twenty players in the draw. Some of these guys will also play in Vegas later in the week.

The Hard Rock Hotel is a beautiful spacious resort with 1700 rooms. Many hotels in Vegas have more rooms, but I seriously doubt if any of them lie on more acres. The property has frontage on the Carribean. They claim the rooms normally cost $500 to $700 per night, but this is low season and we get the rooms for $208.

There are nine restaurants and the $208 per night includes all the food and drinks you care to consume. Room service is also free.

I met a young man from New Bedford, Massachusetts who has been living in Costa Rica for the last fifteen years. He spent ten minutes telling me what a bad backgammon player he is, even though he plays every day. He convinced me. I made no effort to argue with him. He said that the low level of play would make any good player "drool" (his word) if he watched the local chouette. Once again, I believed him. Better for me if I never see his chouette because I hate to drool.

If I take a notion, I'll write more reports. If I don't, I won't.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.