[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation Questions — Clarifying the $ (Slot) family

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Monday, 7 November 2011, at 2:17 a.m.

The Nactation Guide defines "slot" by saying, "You “slot” by moving a checker down and putting it or another checker onto a vacant offensive point."

In the Nactation: Study, Tutorial Supplement, and Annactated Game, Nack gives these rules for the $ (Slot) family:

1. Slot 5pt or 4pt
  2. Most Points
  3. Unstack the taller point
  4. Order of preference for slotted point: 5pt, 4pt, then 7pt, 3pt, 2pt, 1pt

(The same rules were reiterated in this recent post.)

Some questions:

1. Is the Hit/Most/Six Rule ever applied to moves in the $ (Slot) family? My guess is, "No."
  2. Does the definition of slot still include a "down" component? My guess is, "Yes, otherwise, for instance, there would be no rule governing the play of the 4 in 41$."
  3. Obviously, all slotting plays involve a slotted checker. In case there are dice left over after slotting, and aside from slotting plays that involve entry from the bar, must the other checker movements in a slotting play be played "down?" (This is likely a restatement of the preceding question.) My guess is, "Yes."
  4. If "down" is still part of the definition, does it now refer to the more general definition of down (a move made to or within the outer board)? My guess is, "Yes."
  5. Is the rule, "Unstack the taller point," only meant to specify the point from which a slotted checker is moved? Is it ever used to choose the point from which other, unslotted, checkers are played? My guesses, respectively, are, "Yes" and "No."
  6. Can a roll of doublets ever be nactated in the slot family? If so, other than the "Most Points" convention cited in the slotting rules, what factors are used to distinguish between the many possible ways the extra dice might be played "down?" My guess is, "I'm clueless."

Thanks in advance to Nack for any light he can shed on these.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.