[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New York Metro - USBGF Finals-Consolation Finals

Posted By: Perry Gartner
Date: Tuesday, 10 January 2012, at 8:23 p.m.

Here is a copy of any e-mail Lynn Ehrlich, the director, has sent out to interested parties.

To all concerned,

It was a hectic weekend to say the least. It is certainly not an acceptable excuse for using poor judgment which I may be guilty of regarding the USBGF National Championship Event. I was very much against the arrangement made by Arkadiy Tsinis and Ed O'Laughlin. I even went as far as getting Arkadiy Tsinis on the phone and asking him to come and play a shorter length match but he was unable to do so. Ed O'Laughlin said that he was happy to split the prize money and flip a coin for the title. This is where I went wrong. I should have forfeited Arkadiy Tsinis and awarded the USBGF title to Ed O'Laughlin who was present and willing to play his match. After giving this much thought and after speaking with Perry Gartner, we have decided to award the title of USBGF National CHampionship to Ed O'Laughlin and forfeit Arkadiy Tsinis as it should have been.

As for the match between Jeff Acierno and Mike Senkiewicz in the finals of the Championship Consolation, I was truly unaware that they had not played their match. I was under the assumption that they had. I am going to look into it immediately and get it resolved by having them play their match locally if it hasn't already been played.

Please forgive me for my poor judgment in the Tsinis/O'Laughin match. I would never want to do anything that would compromise the integrity of the New York Metropolitan Open or any of the events included within its schedule.

Sincerely, Lynn Ehrlich

Perry Gartner President, USBGF

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.