[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

towers

Posted By: Casper van der Tak
Date: Thursday, 26 January 2012, at 8:04 a.m.

In Response To: towers (leemo)

I don't think we want to make the 11 point, 6 away from Black's anchor. We are ahead in the race, may get attacked but if so we are likely to hit back and gain further in the race. A significant percentage of the games will have us heading home against a holding game, and making the 11 point will only create another clearing problem for us.

I can see two plays: 13/9 11/9, cleaning up a blot that would cost us a lot of pips if hit, and creating a structure that we can use well for coming home against an anchor, and that moreover we can use should we somehow lose ground in the race and try to 'hold' black's anchor (less likely), or just make the 4-point, developing the tower stacks. If we make the last play, the concept is to retaliate if hit and to have a homeboard to fight with.

I am pretty sure I would make the 4-point OTB without much thought, but the more I look at the position the better I like the 9-point.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.