[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Repost- added image- Classic Aries Tournament board for sale

Posted By: Greg Schmidt
Date: Saturday, 28 January 2012, at 2:02 p.m.

Added another nice photo of full board surface. Flawless.

This is one of those old, classic Aries of Mexico boards that are getting so hard to find in good condition. Great size, beautiful craftsmanship, and in the best shape I have ever seen for an Aries board (of the 20-30 I have seen while playing.) If you love backgammon and play anywhere you know what I mean when I say Aries made a GREAT board. I don't think you could do better with a new board today including the boards I have seen and played costing $2000US, but I am biased.

In an earlier set of postings, Bill Riley mentioned seeing these boards- a friend saw my initial listing on Ebay so Bill dropped by to view and approve. In Bill's words: “ I have personally seen the board and regard it as 'gem mint' in condition.” You should look up his postings for more comments- he is far more eloquent than I, with no stake in this other than being a nice fellow! I am lucky to have played with him in past here in Houston.

This board does not look like it had significant play, rather it looks as though it was purchased and put into a closet with "the games" and did not see much, if any, use.

At this time I have on offer for $750, another for $800. Best offer over $800 by Feb 1 takes the board.

For more details and photos see links below: https://sites.google.com/site/doublingcubes/green-aries-board

I also make and sell custom brass hexagonal doubling cubes, listed on the site as well. REALLY nice, my past customers have all raved about them.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.