[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rollout strength - Your thoughts on a mathematical model

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Friday, 10 February 2012, at 1:41 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Considering the large number of mathematicians (professionals and amateurs) here, I figured it is a good place to request insights.

I am a trying to estimate the level of play of RO: for instance how strong is a full 2-ply 1296 game rollout.

Using the Depreli Rollouts (3-ply/XGRoller, roll until 0.005 95% CI) I got the number for 1 and 2 ply rollout at different length (108, 324, 648, 1296, 2592, 5K, 10K [not for 2-ply] yet). I also got some data for 3-ply Red RO (108, 1296) and the data from GnuBg 2-ply 1296 RO.

I'd like to derive from that data a formula that estimate properly the level of a RO, the idea is that it can be applied to stronger RO settings that are not practical (possible) to test.

Here is my idea:

• L: PR of the ply used in the RO
  • N: number of game rolled
  • LL: PR of the ply used for luck in Variance reduction

PR(RO) = PRinf(L) + VR(N,LL)

PRinf(L) is a the level that correspond to its level if the RO was infinite. strictly descending and with PRinf(0)=0
    VR(N,LL) is strictly descending function with N and LL, converging to 0 when N->infinite that correspond to the noise of the RO

I would be interesting to see people suggestions in what PRinf and VR functions looks like (or of course any other formula idea).
    For instance

• PRinf (L)= a.L
  • VR(N,LL) = b.LL/sqrt(N) Where a and b are constants

I'll wait a few days to show the formulas I came up (thats not the ones shown above) with and publish the data.

• Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
    Your E-Mail Address:
    Subject:
    If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.