[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG2.02 Analyze/Race Formulas

Posted By: Mr Majestyk
Date: Saturday, 18 February 2012, at 9:56 a.m.

Xavier,

With all due respect but whenever I click Analyze/Race Formulas I'm left wanting.

Inquiry: There is a rich source of racing material out there in cyber space; just wondered why none of it is available in XG2?

Blunt Inquiry: What on earth is the Thorp Formula doing there?

EPC suggestion: There should be individual EPC values for each row and column of checkers(s). This would be a huge benefit in helping players master this wonderful pip count. I'm developing the BMS (Bearoff Metric Scale) that does exactly this but it's a work in progress. John O'Hagan, here, has demonstrated an application of the Ultimate Pip Count using Seret's methodology which, follows similar principles to the BMS.

Inquiry: why isn't the Nack57 Rule available?

Inquiry: why isn't Tom Keith's value of a pip available? By how much (if any) does the value of a pip affect the EPC? I don't but I would like to!

Yes...I'm getting a round to it. Apart from the Lamford Formula, the Metric Formula is the only formula I'm aware of that has a concrete methodology for estimating the race in contact positions. Not just minimal contact but full-on contact akin to holding games and the like. Why isn't it available?

Respect!

NBM

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.