[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Memo #6

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 19 June 2012, at 4:34 a.m.

I love all the old faces around here, they're what keep this place running for the most part. You know who they are, the Chuck Bowers, Casper van der Taks, and Timothy Chows. They post a lot. They post problems and more importantly replies to problems. There are numerous other people who post often enough to and I won't try to list all you donkeys as I'll likely forget someone but lately it seems to me it has been the same old handful and a half of people posting for the most part. I'd like some fresh blood to soak the pages of the forums.

What happened to people like Misja who hasn't posted since February of this year? Keene or pontiac who post it seems like once a month now? Rich Munitz who hasn't posted since Sept. of 2011!? Then there are people like MCG and John O'Hagan who posted here often enough in the past but are rarely heard from any more. There are a slew of others whose postings have dropped and I have wild guesses as to why some of them have faded away but no good explanation for all of it.

I know you all love drama. That's really what gets you typing away, drama and controversy so if you post more I'll try to find some good juicy stuff from the upcoming Novi tourney to post. If Ray or Steve Sax can't be found to be throwing a chair or someone doesn't run off without paying a chouette tab or someone getting stiffed somehow, I will create some by revisiting the new Giants list for example and ranting and raving like...well, myself.

What you have to do for me in the time though is try to post more. People that post problems like to see that their problems not only draw interest but see how other people react to them and perhaps want more feedback than just what their favorite bot gives them to try to understand the problem. Neilkaz or myself already answered the problem? Who cares, don't read it, post your own thoughts. We are wrong sometimes too and even if we aren't, we may not have touched on all the important factors or what is passing through your mind or the original poster's. I have of late held off on answering any threads because I felt my answers deterred others from responding. That may in part be true but I've felt lately that they aren't getting answers no matter what so I'm going to switch back to postwhore mode and you'll be getting my two cents worth whether you like it or not.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.