[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon to Win 2012 Edition

Posted By: Chris Bray
Date: Thursday, 9 August 2012, at 6:38 a.m.

This morning sees the publication of the new edition of "Backgammon to Win" (previously published in the US under the title "Backgammon for Blood").

The book is intended for beginners and intermediates. It covers largely the same ground as "Backgammon for Dummies" but is written in my own prose rather than the Dummies house style and naturally enough I prefer my own style!

The book has been substantially updated since the 2007 edition and I would like to acknowledge the superb editing work of Peter Bennet and Ray Kershaw. Thanks also to Richard Biddle for the cover design. The advent of XG has also meant changes to positions and analyses from the original as I trust XG more than Snowie 4. There is one new chapter on responses to the opening rolls and the chapters on computers and online play have been considerably revised - my thanks to Xavier from XG for his corrections and input to the chapter on computers.

The book is available now on www.lulu.com and will shortly be available from Carol Joy Cole and Chris Ternel's Backgammon Shop. Readers in the UK can also buy copies directly from myself - chris.bray@btconnect.com.

As noted in earlier posts on this site work has now begun "The Wind of Change", the fourth book in the 'Wind' series, and that will be published in the first quarter of 2013.

Chris

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.