[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

RO

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 6 January 2013, at 2:36 p.m.

In Response To: RO (higonefive)

When I feel a position is a pass for money especially something like this where the threat (oodles and oodles of gammons lost) is very tangible I will often cube at scores where it may be a small no double to a blunder to ship the cube. This is hugely opponent dependent. If I'm playing John O'Hagan clearly I'm not giving him any score based gifts but your casual Open level player really has little clue about the importance of the score in a lot of scenarios.

3a 4a is one of the trickiest scores out there and from what I've seen few people from your average Joe to your gentle Giant understand it well.

You will draw a lot of passes I believe in live play by cubing here. If you happen to be playing someone stronger than yourself that would also make this a clear double. Knowing the rollout results you'd have to construct some sort of ideal scenario where I wouldn't venture a cube here.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.