[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG Opening Book site bug report and question

Posted By: Chase
Date: Tuesday, 8 January 2013, at 5:46 a.m.

I have a bug report and a question about the XG Opening Book page.

I report the bug here because it is of general interest, and because I'm not sure the support address I have for XG is still correct. (I haven't received a response from Xavier on another XG question, and I recall him being very prompt about getting back to me when I've contacted him in the past.) Perhaps one of you can pass it along to him.

The bug is a bad link where when you click on the link for -2-4 rollouts, you instead get rollouts for -1-4pc.

The question is about the ATS rollouts for an opening 21. I notice slotting is best at just about every score. If I've got them right, the exceptions are at -3-5, -2-5, -1-5pc, -1-4pc, -1-4c, -1-4pc, -1-3c, and -2-4 (which is accessible if you type the URL in manually), where splitting is best.

I realize the plays are very close, and that there is bound to be some noise in the rollouts where the second best play outperforms on occasion, but at first glance, there does seem to be some hints of a pattern in the exceptions. I'm wondering if this has been discussed and analyzed before. Anyone spent any time on this?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.