[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Practice minimizing wastage

Posted By: AP
Date: Sunday, 27 January 2013, at 9:34 p.m.

A fellow bg friend and I played the following pure-race game:

Each players starts with a stack of all 15 checkers on his 13 point. One pair of dice is rolled, and each player moves his men accordingly (standard bearoff rules). Given that both players are using the same rolls, luck is minimized.

I know that the 7-5-3 position in the home board should minimize wastage, so I was aiming for that...though I wasnt sure what the best way to go about getting that configuration would be. We used very different strategies, but the results of our few games was inconclusive. Then I setup the position in XG and watched it play against itself, and was surprised to see it often times stacking on its own 7-point....I intentionally tried to avoid this whenever possible because I thought it was a wasteful crossover.

Any thoughts on what XG is doing or in general what is a good strategy to bear off most efficiently when the checkers all start in the outer board?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.