[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Broadcasting the Ohio State Backgammon Championships: Seeking Sponsors

Posted By: BenF
Date: Monday, 25 February 2013, at 1:39 p.m.

The response of the backgammon community to broadcasting matches from major backgammon tournaments by the U.S. Backgammon Federation and ABT tournament directors has been very gratifying. Streamed matches at the 2013 Texas Backgammon Championships and Beltway Championships (which included the finals of the 2nd International Backgammon Championship) had almost 4,000 page views. Feedback on this streaming service has been very positive.

As valuable a service as this is to those who want to improve their game by watching top-level players play or just experience the thrill of witnessing the game at its finest, it’s difficult for tournament directors or the U.S. Backgammon Federation to underwrite the cost out of tournament entry fees or membership dues. Paying for a dedicated staff member and covering travel, hotel, hotel Internet connection, and equipment costs is beyond the reach of most tournament directors, and can easily run from $500-$1,000 per tournament.

So that is where my Kickstarter campaign comes in! I am looking for funding for my project of broadcasting and transcribing the Ohio State Backgammon Championships 2013. Why not give the people who will use the stream and transcripts a chance to fund it? My project is to attend the tournament in order to broadcast and transcribe matches. These match broadcasts and transcriptions will be made available through the USBGF website.

Here are the project requirements that I have set for myself:
-Stream a match at all times through the USBGF streaming page.
-Record a second match at all times.
-Input all of the recorded matches to XG. These matches would first be shared with the players, after the players are able to review the matches they would be made available on the USBGF website.
-All matches will be inputted and delivered to the players by the end of March, with the goal being that most of the matches are made available by Sunday the 24th.
-I will spend my time broadcasting, not playing, but I reserve the right to play in either the Amateur jackpot or the Doubles not using any funds raised here.
-There will be a minimum of ten match transcriptions and eight match broadcasts with my goal being fifteen or more transcriptions and ten or more broadcasts.
-Any Funds raised in excess of $500 will be used for a future streaming project.

This project will be displayed through the USBGF website. All of the streams will be available at www.usbgf.org/stream/

Many thanks for considering my idea – and I hope you will be willing to provide support. All Streaming Sponsors will be acknowledged on the usbgf.org website in perpetuity.

If you have other suggestions for how to make this a viable service on an on-going basis, contact me at: melanion90@aol.com.

Here is the kickstarter page: Broadcast The Ohio State Backgammon Championships

Cordially,

Ben Friesen
USBGF Stream Team

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.