[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Transcriptions

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 4 March 2013, at 12:30 a.m.

With the probability of offending and pissing off any number of individuals, and/or organizations, I will make the following statement.

Specifically, as it relates to the Texas Backgammon Championships, and generally, as it relates to all tournaments providing streaming of matches, I feel streamed matches are public property and match files, regardless of who generates them or who hosts them, are, similarly, public property.

I certainly appreciate the efforts and, potentially, the costs expended by organizations such as the USBGF and its volunteers in developing such match files and/or hosting such match files -- I'm confident many others also recognize, and appreciate, the efforts and costs. However, I feel any efforts to restrict access are counterproductive to the stated goals and interests of such organizations.

I fully support the USBGF and have the utmost respect for the USBGF officers and their contributions and efforts in the promotion of the game; however, I feel any effort to restrict access to such match transcriptions are ill-founded. In my opinion, memberships, contributions, and respect are generated by recognition of the provision of valuable services rather than by the restriction of access to resources.

Should I have misinterpreted the intent of anyone, I apologize. I am confident we all seek the same objective.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.