[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Baffle Box Update

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 6 March 2013, at 6:48 p.m.

The verdict is in, and it is clear. The latest baffle box is the best ever. It is effective and guarantees excessive tumbling of the dice; it is aesthetically attractive; it is quiet; it is light; it folds up neatly to go inside your board; and it assembles easily. It is sturdy and easy to use, and you rarely get cocked dice. It improves the game.

When used in public places, as we do in our Chicago chouette home at Starbucks, it attracts a lot of attention...people often come over to comment on the box and to watch us play.

At $60 each it is not cheap, but it will last a long time, and should you ever break or lose a piece, I will replace it at cost, but you get what you pay for.

Why am I posting this now? Because:

a) I would like to sell more (I make very little money on these, but I truly want to see more people accepting and using baffle boxes as it eliminates a lot of agony about the rolling and shaking rules and makes the game more pleasant); and

b) I am looking for feedback from people who have NOT bought one.

I don't know anyone who bought one that regrets it (about 50 sold), and I know there are many who just don't like baffle boxes no matter what the design (though many who have them now are converts after they give it a try).

But if you don't have one, please tell me....if I create a similar one that folds up that is, say, half the price, would that induce you to buy one? I can do just that, but the material and looks would be cheaper, but it would be just as functional. I am toying with the idea but would like to know if there is a market.

If you would like to see how the current model looks and works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5y7lzquNhQ

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.