[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Time requred to shake 3 times and roll

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 12 March 2013, at 1:39 p.m.

In Response To: Baffle Box Update (Colin Owen)

http://www.bkgm.com/articles/Bower/DiceTube/

See the second section of the paper for data. I haven't done a similar experiment for the baffle box, and will need to use Phil's new version 3 when I do. (The dice go through more quickly than in version 2.)

BTW, I'm not concluding that all of the time saved by using a dice tube vs. using a dice cup is from the shaking.

Regarding Art's original question, if everyone were using a baffle box (or dice tube) then it might make sense to lower the initial clock times. However the suggestion I've heard here before of SELECTIVELY changing the clock times for the same event, depending on what equipment is used is a non-starter. Given there is no uniformity in shaking, the person with a substandard shake and roll gets rewarded with extra time while the scrupulous shaker doesn't. In fact that's the case with the current rules when cups are used and proper shaking isn't enforced....

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.