[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Is XG Compatible With Windows 8?

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 25 March 2013, at 7:13 p.m.

I use two laptops, one with Windows 8 and one with Windows 7. There are some things I can do in Windows 7 that I cannot do in Windows 8.

In Windows 7, I can go to Windows Explorer and click on the name of a file and open it in XG. However, when I try to do the same in Windows 8, a box pops up that says "Registration" at the top. It tells me, "Your Version has expired We hope you enjoyed your trial time with eXtreme Gammon. To continue using your software, please purchase your version."

If someone else out there is using XG with Windows 8, I wish you would let me know if you have the same problem.

In Windows 8, every time I open XG, I have to remember to open it with a right click and choose, "Run as Administrator." This is a big pain because if I forget to open it with a right click, I am not able to save the files.

In Windows 7, there was a way to set up my machine so that I never had to open XG with a right click. The people who sold me my computer told me that there is no way to do this with Windows 8. Were they correct?

Another things with Windows 8: When I log onto Stick's site (www.bgonline.org), the graphics of the title page are all messed up. Wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.