[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BG newspaper columns or problems

Posted By: leobueno
Date: Sunday, 7 April 2013, at 7:41 p.m.

Which papers are still publishing BG columns or problems?

My local paper (The Miami Hearald), has a daily Chess puzzle, along with Sudoku, Boggle and other puzzles. But no BG.

I realize that the papers' willingness to dedicate space to BG is a function of perceived demand, and given BG's popolarity decrease in recent times, papers may not want to allocate space to BG.

However, I wonder whether this should be a worthwhile effort of the BG community. If we can get our local newspapers to carry a BG column or at least a problem, we could also, for example, in a tagline show the address of the local BG club and perhaps that will increase live participation, or at least will get local players in touch with each other.

Perhaps the USBGF and other BG organizations should push the publication of BG columns or problems in local papers.

Problems, for example, would not require the involvement of top-line players, since the bots can do a good job at analyzing positions. However, it would be even better if the Giants got to comment on problems or write newspaper columns.

What do y'all think?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.