[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

major disagreement between GnuBG 0-4 ply and rollout...or, am I doing it wrong?!

Posted By: bb766
Date: Friday, 17 May 2013, at 4:09 a.m.

Sorry-I don't know how to post a position, but it's not really necessary for my question(s). However, the GnuBG ID is: Position ID: 7m8AANDWNgFQCA Match ID: ARngAAAAAAAE

It was 0-0 in a 7 point match.

So, I dropped a double, and GnuBG said it was a VERY BAD decision. It says that dropping is:

0 ply says -0.363, 1 ply says -0.167, 2 ply says -0.292, 3 ply says -0.090, 4 ply says -0.212

I still didn't believe it was that bad, so I pressed the rollout button. I've never done a rollout, So I didn't change any settings and I don't understand what all the statistics represent. When it finished I pressed ok. The analysis changed and now says that it's a pass, and that TAKING is a -0.069 error.

First of all... Am I correct in thinking the rollout says this is a pass?

Second... If my interpretation of the rollout is correct, should I really believe Gnubg analysis if even 4 ply analysis is this far off from the rollout's?

Third...is there a guide to interpreting the rollout statistics. It's not explained in the Gammonlife article at:

http://www.gammonlife.com/gnu/index.htm

Thanks

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.