[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

****Rollout****

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Sunday, 19 May 2013, at 9:14 p.m.

In Response To: ****Rollout**** (Igor)

Like Igor and Timothy, I have a small preference for complete cycles of 1296. I am attracted to the “neatness” of it, as well as the uniformity it creates for the many rollouts posted at BgOnline.

Another reason for my preference is my database of rollouts. The database carries two sets of nacbracs for each rollout, NacbracsPrecise and NacbracsRounded.

My practice is to use an integer to represent trial counts that are multiples of 1296. For example, 2 means 2592, 5 means 5184, and 15 means 15552. When a trial count is not a multiple of 1296, for NacbracsPrecise, I enter a decimal value that is the actual trial count divided by 1000.

Using this system, the nacbracs for David’s rollout would be entered as:

NacbracsPrecise: –6–6 [H z26 D54] "=2.774*2.773
NacbracsRounded: –6–6 [H z26 D54] "=2

The only time it is important to carry the exact trial counts is when two rollouts are combined to form an aggregate. For this, I use the exact trial counts as weights, and 4- or 6-digit equities where available. For reporting, I tend to use the NacbracsRounded, so most readers have never seen my NacbracsPrecise.

Key: D (Down) = 13/11 13/8, H (Hit) = 6/1* 13/11, z (reverse split) = 24/22 13/8

Explanation of nacbracs

@David: If you still have it, please post the move sequence that leads to your position. With that in hand, I’ll post your rollout to my database. Thanks.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.