[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

+2

Posted By: David Rennie
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2013, at 4:48 a.m.

In Response To: +1 (Daniel Murphy)

Bad job there, Mika. I don't give a damn if your concept was genius (which it isn't). Presenting an idea and then shitting on people for questioning aspects of it isn't going to win too many hearts and minds. You say Americans nag and ask too many stupid questions? Guess what? That's what this country is about. It's called democracy. The early settlers in New England set up a tradition of town hall meetings where ideas that affected the community could be hammered out. If your ideas are worth a frog's shit then you shouldn't be afraid to defend them against this community that knows a thing or two about backgammon tournaments. And what's with the ad hominem attack on Bob Koca? Whether your idea of using a different scoring system is decent or not (and I'd argue NOT), the fact is that it IS antithetical to match play. Address that if you want. Say you want to change the way we play matches. But don't attack anyone for pointing out the obvious.

And I'm not all that familiar with the stupid dmp win/loss whining stories. Maybe that's a Finnish thing?

And THAT, Phil, is what my response looks like to a ridiculous post.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.