[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I rolled a number that hits something...

Posted By: Michael Sullivan
Date: Friday, 21 June 2013, at 1:00 a.m.

In Response To: I rolled a number that hits something... (Dmitriy Obukhov)

I agree with my other brother Mike that something smells fishy here. QF is not leading me anywhere strongly enough to change my initial opinion that 24/23* 6/2* is clear. The blot in white's board is crying out to be hit, and our third checker on the 24 is crying out to go somewhere useful. 6/2* doesn't seem like a particularly thematic move with the nice looking 4 prime, but the 6 is heavy and a tempo hit is not a bad thing here. Importantly, the blot on the two is fairly flexible. we can break our 8 to cover in blitz mode, but getting it hit and sent back is thematic for prime mode, since the 2 is exactly where our prime blocks in white the best, which mitigates the damage when we get hit back. OTOH, we're forcing the checker which is placed perfectly behind our prime to move somewhere...

Problem is that the only other 4 that's reasonable is to go 14/13*/9 which slots a point we can't cover anytime soon, and hits the checker which is probably least important. I have trouble imagining this being better than using that spare on the 24.

Woe to you QF.

24/23* 6/2*

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.