[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

501 Essential Backgammon Problems #23

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2013, at 7:39 p.m.

In Response To: 501 Essential Backgammon Problems #23 (Igor)

Liking Your Posts...

Please don’t stop! I just wanted to remind owners of Robertie’s book to check out Tim’s rollouts. For the close ones, and the outright overturns, I penciled in Tim’s results in the margin of my copy.

My solution for Problem 23, before I reread the rollout, was A (Attack) = 8/5(2), 6/3(2). Any play that does not make the 5pt just looks wrong. Making the 10pt unstacks the midpoint, but is inefficient. That’s because the 4pt, six pips away, has already been made. Advancing both rear checkers would allow the opponent to play behind. My second choice, however, would definitely involve moving at least one rear checker up to the 21pt. Probably I would play down with the other.

I liked your last series so much that I posted an index in many of the threads. That way, a reader who stumbles upon one of them can find the preceding problems in the same set.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.