[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Help correct my vision

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Saturday, 5 October 2013, at 10:51 p.m.

In Response To: Help correct my vision (Jeremy Bagai)

The first thing I see is that the blot on the mid is not in any danger, so no reason to move it.

Second question: what is going on? Well, White is about to prime me. Almost all of his rolls make the 5 or 4 point, except for a couple like 63 and 32. After that he is one roll away from a 5 prime with 3 checkers behind it. So need to prevent that, hopefully by making a high anchor.

So, given that we eliminated playing 13/11, there's really only two plays, making the 23 point or playing B/22. If we make the 23 then we don't get attacked on the 3 point as often. But if we get attacked on the 3 point, that's two checkers that can't be used to make the 5 or 4 point and a solid 5 prime. If we play B/22 and he makes the 5 or 4 point, we have a deuce to anchor and possibly a 6 to get one checker out or hit the blot on the 9 point (for ex. if he rolls 51, etc). So B/22 makes a lot of sense.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.