[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Peoria Bet

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 6 October 2013, at 10:44 a.m.

Before the tournament started, I made a wager with Bill Davis. I took Neil and Ray against any 4 other players (non-giants) that he chooses, and bet who would win the most ABT points in total at this tournament.

With Neil in the Semi's I think I am a winner, but we'll see. Ray lost in the first round to Taki.

O'Laughlin and O'Hagan met each other in round 2 (O'Hagan won), Malcolm fell to Neil in the very first round, and Petko, the only other Giant also got knocked out early.

Neil plays Rod in the semis and I don't remember who is alive on the other side at this time. (It's 5 AM in Peoria and I think I should get some sleep as I am in the Blitz finals--though I did have a great start in the open--I had a bye, and it was all downhill from there.)

Rockwell gave an excellent lecture providing insights into cube action that are logical and practical to use over the board, approaching the subject from less of a mathematical approach to more of a pragmatic approach. I have already incorporated his concepts into my lesson plans and cube process.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.