[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A Cube Decision Even Jake Gets Right!

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Monday, 14 October 2013, at 2:11 p.m.

In Response To: A Cube Decision Even Jake Gets Right! (Stick)

The raw takepoint is 10/43 or about 23%. But since white's ability to recube is limited there's not much cube vig to be had.

For me, the big difference between this score and money is the gammon price on a 2-cube. Blue needs 4 points to win and a doubled gammon gets him there. OTOH, a loss on a 2-cube means he's on the wrong side of Crawford, so some caution is in order.

With 13 checkers in the zone, two blots to fire at and white's homeboard blot providing counterplay if the blitz stalls, I think the double is sound. I don't think I'd cube at a "normal" match score, but the gammons and the match score say ship it.

I don't think white likes to see the cube here, but has to reluctantly take it - it's only a 3 point blockade so far, blue has no board yet, the runners are relatively safe for now, anchoring is still a strong possibility, white's 5 point will likely get covered, and there's still the holding game. Add it all up and it says take. And if I'm right about it being a money hold, it must be a take AtS.

D/T

D/T

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.