[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A backgammon thanksgiving

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 28 November 2013, at 8:54 p.m.

As a Backgammon player, this Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for:

I thank whoever invented Poker for attracting so many of the best backgammon players in the world so that the rest of us have a better chance to win once in a while.

I thank the people at Starbucks for believing us when we tell them we are not playing for money.

I thank the guy who invented the doubling cube for helping put my kids through college.

I thank Carter for steaming.

I thank the people who cry and throw tantrums when they lose because they make me feel so superior. (I am, by the way).

I thank Neil Kazaross and John O’Hagan, two of the best players in the world who live in my area, for not being interested in playing in our chouettes. (And thank you Jake Jacobs, Matt Cohen-Geier, Howard Markowitz, Paul Franks, Rich Lloyd, David Wells, Laila Leonhart, and Steve Mellen for moving away).

And I thank the internet for allowing me to make a fool of myself (like this) world-wide instead of just locally.

And I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Christmas and New Year. Good rolling!

Phil

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.