[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

got it wrong, like I always do

Posted By: Bill Calton
Date: Friday, 27 December 2013, at 2:06 p.m.

In Response To: got it wrong, like I always do (Stick)

A Fearful superficial analysis. Was thinking something like this:

Once opponent comes in I'm screwed. I need a one and a six before he comes in for that to happen - seems unlikely. Also, my aces leave a blot. Not good. Drop.

I played this out twenty times taking the strong side after the premature double.

11 Wins 1 Gammon Win

3 Losses 5 Gammon Losses

Some observations:

I am really sweating when he rolls that immediate ace. I am shooting at a blot, but so is he, and I need to play this game to completion.

I made plenty of checker misplays along the way too. When do I leave the end of the prime slotted? When do I lift? When do I hit loose?

Even when things went well (opponent cracks right away and I come in and he is stuck on the ace point) I still lost sometimes. It wasn't a lock to roll that position home.

Ever the pessimist, as the weaker side facing the cube, I saw the negatives... I crack, leave a blot, get hit, get closed out and gammoned. Pretty unlikely - in fact that happened only one time in my mini-rollout. On the other hand, I didn't see the weaker sides gammon wins. Especially with that blot at the end of the 5-prime you can easily have two men up on the bar. In fact this happened to me five times in my mini-rollout (probably skewed but still!)

I was hoping to learn something by posting large errors as opposed to the close decisions I usually see here.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.