[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

WTF?!!

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Monday, 30 December 2013, at 1:53 a.m.

In Response To: Naming Rollout Files (Nack Ballard)

Retro-sequence Heaven!

I have trouble putting together a retro-sequence that goes the 5th move, so I am floored that you nailed this one at 17 moves. The 51 at the end will be the 18th.

Just for kicks, I entered your move sequence into version 1 of GnuBg. When GnuBg’s grandmaster analyis reported an error of 0.022 for the play 32J, I was planning to tease you with a gotcha message. When I rolled it out using trunc settings that match XGR++, however, it came in behind the leader 32D by only 0.002! It was one of only three “errors” in the whole sequence, all of which rounded to 0.002 or less. I’ll bet the sequence in the actual game has larger mistakes than that.

For a long sequence such as this, grouping moves in pairs seems to work out. I have been skeptical in past, but as I entered the moves in GnuBg, I found that working in pairs made it easier to keep track of where I was.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.