[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Improvement from here (7PR)

Posted By: sita
Date: Monday, 30 December 2013, at 7:47 a.m.

In Response To: Improvement from here (7PR) (Konstantin)

I was stuck at 7PR for 3-4 years, too. Doing also less and less backgammon during this time. In May (so, a bit more than half a year ago) I gave one of the flash card tools a try. I chose Mnemosyne (http://mnemosyne-proj.org/).

For every larger mistake I make since then, I take two screenshots of XG, one with the analysis, and one without. The program will show me the cards without analysis, and after a click the solution. I have to rate my solution, and then the program decides when it will show me that card again. I have meanwhile around 800 active cards, and the program shows me 20-30 cards per day.

At first my experience was, that I even got worse, to around 8PR. But after that my results became better again, and I think I have passed 7PR now. The XG statistics do not reflect it up to now (still suffering from the 8PR phase), but my latest 50 matches or so are better than 7.

All in all, I have no statistically significant data about my improvement, but maybe you want to give it a try.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.