[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Are we having fun yet?

Posted By: Casper Van der Tak
Date: Friday, 31 January 2014, at 12:04 a.m.

In Response To: Are we having fun yet? (ah_clem)

I saw 4 plays: B/21 13/8, B/20 6/2*, B/20 18/14, and B/20 13/9. Among these, I would eliminate B/20 13/9 because that exposes another blot for unclear purposes. Between the last three, I don't know. The argument for 6/2* is that it makes the best anchor and then hits to protect the other blots. This would be my OTB play, however, it exposes another blot and goes deep in what will be a position battle. B/21 13/8 makes the 8-point, which is useful and helps to protect our race, but leaves us exposed to several jokers on our side of the board. B/20 18/14 makes the best anchor, does not expose another blot, and moves a checker to bear on the outfield where the next battle is going to be fought, but leaves our opponent with a free hand.

Let's go with my first instinct, B/20 6/2*, although when typing it up the arguments for either of the other two plays seem stronger.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.