[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

It is not the backgammon proficiency test

Posted By: mochy
Date: Sunday, 9 February 2014, at 4:22 p.m.

In Response To: Quiz contest in Texas Championship 2014 (mochy)

Just in case people get confused, it is not the backgammon proficiency test I held in Texas.

That is another thing we had and 31 people took it. The test has 50 problems carefully chosen from Opening, Middle and End stage of the game.
None of them are tricky problems, but every-day, useful problems. As a result you can measure your skill in backgammon.

I started to do it three years ago and held it in many places in the world. (Nordic Open, Japan Open, Istanbul, Greece, Las Vegas etc)
We also renew the problem every year so that people can check their progress from the score.

Anyway, here is a current ranking of the test. MCG scored the highest and Falafel scored the lowest error amount (though he scored one less problem). Giorgos is one of the best players (if not the best) in Greece as well. Believe or not, it influences my Giants vote as well.

Next test will be held in Denmark and that is the end of the season. We will do it in Chicago in May, and that would be new one!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.